Friday, January 22, 2010

Holding Magick in a Mundane World


When we headed to Atlanta for this year's GAFilk, I was empty. The toll exacted by my rigorous schedule of work, classes, practicum, and starting my business had left me soul weary. I am still not quite sure how it happened, but magick occurred that weekend, and I returned to SC feeling rested, joyful and blessed.

I seemed to hold the magick longer than usual, choosing to carry that joy with me when I returned to work, saw clients, talked of death and pain. We attended Wishing Chair's concert and I shared the joy of music as I was replenished in the well of magick once again. Small miracles occurred with the feeling of powerful blessing. I had $1 in my purse and $6 in the checking account when I picked up my student loan yesterday. Our storage building is paid today.

It would be so easy to slip into the mire of mundane. Cameron continues to struggle with identity issues. The housework piles up with dirty and laundry. I've a busy weekend ahead creating a commission piece. I'm trying to do photos and get my online shop running. Through it all, the tension between mundane and necessity threaten the threads of joy that I determinedly maintain.

Today I thank the Goddess for a woman who loves me beyond measure. Today I thank the Goddess that I learned to love. I give thanks for beautiful grandchildren, sons and daughters-in-law. I delight in my son's text message last night, complete with his drawing illustrating how to read a comic book (yet another art form fading from the horizon of a younger generation). I am blessed. And today I choose to hold the magick of my life, my blessings, and my calling.

2 comments:

  1. Love the dragonfly photo you chose for this post! Glad you've been able to fill the well from time to time, and hope you continue to do so.

    ReplyDelete