Friday, July 20, 2012

The Nightmare

As is my usual custom with so many nocturnal cats in the house, I took Tylenol PM last night before going to bed. I was up much later than usual reading an awesome book by Sci-Fi writer David Weber.

I live on the east coast, and woke before dawn from a nightmare. I dreamed I was in a crowded theater, maybe 15-16 rows from the back. Suddenly someone yelled fire, and while I saw no flames, I did see smoke. For a moment I thought it was some sort of performance art until I heard screaming. I dropped to the floor with my companion, completely terrified. It was dark, there was a horrible smell I couldn't identify that burned the back of my throat. And I woke with a word. Joker.

Nightmares are not that terribly unusual for me. So I used my usual thought stopping techniques and made myself go back to sleep. When I woke this morning, I had a premonition that it was imperative to check the news. That's when I saw the articles pouring in from Colorado. I am in awe of the power of the collective unconscious. May goddess comfort all touched by this tragedy.

1 comment:

  1. Clearly your sensitivity tuned into some wavelength or another. Spooky! And what a terrible tragedy for all those people involved at the theatre.

    ReplyDelete