Sunday, March 12, 2017

Day 51 Trumpland: Saturday Night Massacre

Sorry for my online absence. My computer suddenly shut down while I was working and I had to ship it to California for repairs. It's been two weeks, and I posted a few times with my pad, that is, at best difficult. Then I cracked it's screen at work and it only functions with a mouse. Touchscreens are awkward when that happens. Happily, I ordered an expensive Dell this week to get me through. When I receive my computer back, I'll have one for home and one at work.

In the meantime, we've missed a lot. Let's just look at a weekend crisis.

First a little history. (My thanks to AM Joy this morning for info; I'm just providing a synopsis here.) You recall that Lil' Donald fired his acting Attorney General Sally Yates following the travel ban disaster because she refused to enforce it. The media called it The Monday Night Massacre, recalling Watergate and the night of October 20, 1973 when the Attorney General and the Deputy Attorney General resigned in protests. They refused Richard Nixon's order to fire the Special Prosecutor looking into the Watergate break in. Those protests and Nixon's abolishing of the Special Prosecutor's office afterward became known as the Saturday Night Massacre.

To read more: Trumpian Dystopia: A New World Order.

No comments:

Post a Comment